Sunday 17 June 2012

Psymon's Tale Pt. III

"It's nothing mum, he's just a friend." I suddenly sunk back into my insecurities. I skulked off to my room before anymore could be said on the matter.

My room is my sanctuary, my clearing in the crowded unforgiving forest of my home life. The walls are a multicoloured abstract of my design. We moved here last year, but I decided to leave a wall blank. "Tonight" I thought "I'll change that." I locked my door, adorned my headphones, and let the music take over.

By the time I had finished, it was the late hours of the night. I stepped back and looked at my soundscape dedicated to Jacob. It was magnificent, to match him. Golden swirls kissing creamy whites, blacks complimenting aquamarines, complex yet delicate. I loved the intricacies of the wall.

I lay in my bed and stare at my sexuality, a complex canvas of blues and blacks and hidden secrets. Sinking into my pillows, I thought about today's events: standing by the lockers, my insecurities, his confidence, our date. Sinking further into slimber one name was on my mind.

Jacob.

No comments:

Post a Comment