Monday 4 June 2012

The First Time

We were at the top of the cliff, at long last. The view was phenomenal. Sapphire crashing into the cliff's face, spraying him with salt and peace.

I took Kyle's hand and sat town in the afternoon sun. Nothing was said for nearly five minutes, then I beckoned him to come closer; leaning into me, he kissed my neck and asked if I was ok. I hushed his small talk with my tongue. I was a diver exploring my favourite cove, a soft and relaxing place in which I could find solitude.

We finished our encounter and gathered our breath. I closed my eyes, and felt complete. "I love you." That was the first time I had said those words to him. It felt right, natural to be able to say those simple three words.

As I opened my eyes, I was met with the sun kissed skin of Kyle passionately smiling. "Thank you, I know you meant that. I can't wait for the day I will be able to say that."

Now some people may have been shocked to have their boyfriend reciprocate your feelings of love with gratitude, but I knew Kyle, and he knew I. I was grateful that he didn't announce his feelings of love at the same time as me; then it would have been faked. He is honest enough not to say something like that without being sincere.

I kissed his lips, and lay upon his stomach. We slept to the sound of crashing waves.

No comments:

Post a Comment