Thursday 12 July 2012

Psymon's Tale Pt. V

"You'll never guess what!" I exclaim.

"You got invited to Nate's party tonight." This is a statement, rather than a question, as Zoe is holding a similar note to the one in my hand.

"Hey! Why didn't I get an invite." Max is rummaging through his locker now, moving his possessions in a rapid flurry. Zoe decides to calm him. "Max, chill. The invites are you plus one. So shut up, and be my plus one."

I look at the invite, and sure enough, it says to bring an extra guest. It also says to bring your own booze.

"Erm, guys. You do realise it's a B.Y.O.B. bash, right?"

"That's fine." Max assures. "My parents don't check the booze cabinet. What's your poison?"

"Vodka. Russian." Zoe states, handing Max the appropriate amount of cash.

"Malibu., if you can." I reach into my wallet and hand Max a twenty.

The bell for third period rings and we head our separate ways. We reconvene in the lunch hall and sit at our usual table.

I look around and spot Jacob paying for his food. Max and Zoe follow my gaze and ask if that's him. I confirm, then immediately wish I hadn't.

"Hey Jacob! Over here!" Zoe shouts and waves until he turns and walks towards us. He sees me and sits opposite me.

"Hey." Jacob greets them in the shortest of ways. He seems to be unsure of the situation and is erring on the edge of safe.

"Sorry." I mutter, knowing the my friends, well Zoe, will likely embarrass me.

"Max." Max says, offering his hand. Jacob takes it.

"Jacob, but I take it you already know." He giggles in my direction, and I blush.

"Hi, I'm Zoe. If you hurt him, I will kill you."

"Thank you Zoe." I groan.

"'Cause he likes you, and he's a really big pussy when it comes to boys. So play nice, ok?"

"Thank you Zoe"

"Oh, we're going to this party tonight, and he wants to bring you along as his plus one. So what do you say?"

"Thank you Zoe"

"You're welcome hun." She smiles at me. I'm now crossing off ways to kill her, hoping to find the most painful.

"Yeah, that sounds cool." Jacob says, touching my feet with his. "It'll be fun."

We all eat our lunch, whilst Zoe and Max get to know Jacob, I get to know Jacob a little better too. We finish our meal, and head off to the lockers to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment