Wednesday 11 July 2012

Psymon's Tale Pt. IV

The evening light kissed Jacob's features, and so did I. I kissed him, and he kissed me. Tongues dancing in time to our own music, with our own unique choreography. I wanted this moment to last a lifetime, and it did.

Until the alarm punctured my sleeping visions. I notice the time, calculate, and come to the conclusion that I can succumb to my temptations. I know that the door is locked, so I relax and allow myself this moment of weakness. I realise that adolescence isn't pretty, but everyone does it.

About ten minutes later, I'm pouring my milk. Leo snatches it from me and wets his own cereal. I eat in silence. Leo tells Mum that he'll be back late because of one of his friend's parties. I don't really listen, I just eat and think.

Fingers snap in front of my face and I'm now focused on their owner. "Oi, Dipshit. We're heading off in a minute. Get ready and get your ass in the car." I do as my brother says, making sure my appearance is more than presentable, just in case I happen to pass Jacob in the hallways.

We take the journey to school the same way we do every day. With silence between Leo and I. I sit in the back and plug in my headphones, he turns his radio up. This is the extent of our relationship. Who said there's anything better than brotherly love?

We arrive at school and Leo drives off to work. He works up at the music shop a few streets away from the school.

I text Zoe and Max, my two best friends (well, I suppose that's what you'd call them. We hang about most of the time.). Zoe tells me she's by our lockers with Max. I go to my locker. Pack away my belonging, and take out my school essentials.

"Zoe, come here." She does, and I make her lean forward. I scribble upon the paper I have against her back and fold it multiple times.

I place the note through the vent in Jacob's locker, and walk with my comrades to first period.

"So, do we get to know his name?" Max chimes.

"Jacob" I say. I decide to continue. "I went out and had pizza with him last night. It was, it was..."

"It was magical, and fabulous, and I loved every second, I also wanked over him. See I have jizz stains on my jeans." I look down. "Oh, my god, you totally did." Zoe is a bitch, but I love her, and she knows it. She punches me softly and smiles. "I thought you never dated anyway."

"It's called growing up, you should try it some time." I smile. She is about to come back with some witty retort, but we arrive at first period. We enter and take our usual seats at the middle of the classroom. The teacher suspects the back to be disruptive, so she pays no mind to us.

We all share a knowing glance and sign in to our usual messaging system on our phones.

sowhatgirl: so tell us
SwordOfDoom: yh come on wanna no
Psykick: well we just went for pizza. But he seems really cool. like hes a really cute guy and i think i like him
Paykick: he likes me 2 i think
sowhatgirl: omg u r so gay :p
Psykick: dont u no it
SwordOfDoom: wait what did ur mum say
Psykick: nothin she didnt have the chance to really
sowhatgirl: u gotta tell her @ sum point u no if she dont lyk it we hav a box in the yard :D
SwordOfDoom: what she said but more supportive
sowhatgirl: fuck u max
SwordOfDoom: xxx
Psykick: i know i have to but i dont wanna can we drop it
sowhatgirl: that last part about jacobs boxers
Psykick: fuck u
sowhatgirl: xxx
SwordOfDoom: HEY thats my bit

We spent the rest of the period talking about nonsense. We spend the second period in exactly the same way.

At break, we go to the lockers. I open mine, pick up the note and gasp.

No comments:

Post a Comment